Our learning specialists, academic tutors, and writing coaches provide 1:1, individualized tutoring for children, adolescents, college students, and adults of all ages, levels, and personalities. Our goal is to help students and adults feel more confident and become more effective learners and workers overall. We aim for students to maximize their learning potential from a collaborative approach to working with parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- We specialize in tutoring students struggling with learning differences – focusing, organizing, studying, test-taking, reading, writing, math, languages, and other subject areas. We are experts in ADHD/ADD, executive functioning, language processing, reading (e.g. dyslexia), writing (e.g., dysgraphia), and math disorders (e.g., dyscalculia), autism spectrum disorders, non-verbal learning disorder, and other learning differences. Our Learning Specialists work with homeschoolers and offer online tutoring options.
- We also tutor high school and college students and adults without learning difficulties but need science, math, writing, and foreign language support. Our Academic Tutors support Algebra I/II, Geometry. Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Programming, and many foreign languages. Our Writing Coaches support writing within English Language Arts and across the high school and college curriculum.
- Each of Themba’s expert tutors has an advanced degree in working with learning differences or an academic field of expertise. All tutors have years of teaching and tutoring in private and public schools or universities.
- We customize curricula, starting with careful assessments, then applying developmentally appropriate methods and strategies. The student's current academic material is an important focus, but strengthening core skills is crucial because that will last a lifetime. We coach students to learn how to organize, plan, prioritize, focus, avoid distraction, and keep track of materials and tasks.
- Goals include improving memory and information retention, spending more focused time on tasks and completing them, decreasing procrastination, organizing schoolwork, managing time more effectively, and learning to think carefully before acting. Specialists model and support the application of skills in the appropriate context. They put the student in the driver s seat to best generalize these skills without holding the steering wheel.
Themba’s expert tutors travel to your home or school in New York City, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, Long Island (Nassau County), Westchester, and Connecticut (Fairfield County).
Want to know more Give Themba Tutors LLC a call!
If you would like to learn more about getting extra support in for your child, then we would love to hear from you. Our friendly team is on standby to help you with any needs and answer any questions you might have. We can be reached at
(917) 382-8641 & email@example.com
(we respond to email right away!).