06 Mar Manhattan Dyslexia Expert Panel Discussion For Parents And Professionals
New York City Parents’ Primer for Dyslexia for School-Aged Children
What is dyslexia? Who diagnoses it?
This panel presentation will help you to explore these questions and more. Moderated by Craig Selinger of Themba Tutors and Manhattan Letters, four New York City experts will present a primer for dyslexia. Attend this event to understand the value of a neuropsychological evaluation, learn how to go about transitioning to a new school when your child is struggling academically, obtain basic information related to seeking tuition reimbursement, and become familiar with literacy interventions designed to strengthen reading/decoding and spelling skills.
Parents and professionals will:
- learn about red flags for dyslexia at various school ages and stages;
- understand how to find the appropriate evaluation for a child with suspected dyslexia;
- learn the importance of how a well documented IEP can best meet a child’s literacy needs;
- identify a child’s NYC-based school options, and how to obtain payment for outside academic support services; and
- how to go about receiving tuition reimbursement.
Parents will have opportunities to ask our panelists questions.
Craig Selinger, M.S. CCC-SLP, CEO, Founder of Themba Tutors and Manhattan Letters
- Ruth Arberman, M.Ed & M.S., Founder, Sterling School
- Chantal Aflalo, Special Needs & Educational Advisor
- Jonathan Gottlieb, Esq., The Law Office of Gottlieb and Gottlieb, LLP
- Lindsay Whitman, Ph.D., Neuropsychological Services, LLC
Wed, April 3, 2019 7:00 PM 9:00 PM EDT
330 7th Avenue
Marc A Scorca Hall
New York, NY 10001
$45 Early Bird Discount thru March 21st
$55 General Admission
- Advance registration is required to attend
- Confirmation will be sent upon completion of registration and payment
- Limited seating
- No refunds or cancellations unless the event is canceled
- The event will be taking place in Marc A. Scorca Hall at OPERA America.
- OPERA America is only the venue for this event. They are not able to answer your questions regarding the event.
- If you have questions, please contact Themba Tutors staff at Events@ThembaTutors.com
- Doors open at 7 pm; all attendees must be in their seats by 7:15 pm
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS are allowed in the Scorca Hall
- Beverages and snacks will be available at 6:45 pm in the lobby before and after the event.
For more information: Events@ThembaTutors.com
Latest posts by Craig Selinger (see all)
- Support Black Lives Matter - June 5, 2020
- ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK - March 13, 2020
- Flipping and Multiplying Fractions - November 15, 2019