16 Jun Time Management Strategies
6 Time Management Strategies That Will Boost Your Productivity
Time Management Strategies – Time management is the planning and allocation of how much time should be spent on tasks and activities. It allows individuals to use their time in the most productive and efficient way. With proper time management, you can accomplish tasks using less time and resources and without the added stress.
Time management is particularly important when carrying out multiple tasks. Particularly, when you are juggling responsibilities at home, at school, or at work. As such, having excellent time management skills plays an important role in your personal, academic, or professional success.
But how do you manage your time effectively? First, proper time management requires you to respect your tasks and allot enough time to accomplish them. Once you commit to completing tasks within a specific period, you can use time management strategies that will help you plan and follow your schedule. With good time management, you can work smarter and accomplish more in less time.
What Skills Do You Need to Improve Time Management?
When trying to improve your time management skills, it’s essential to remember the following:
- Be aware. – Know that your time is a finite resource and must be used efficiently.
- Be organized. – Because you only get 24 hours in a day, it’s important to plan and maximize its use based on your goals, schedule, and tasks.
- Be flexible. – Just because you are sticking to a schedule doesn’t mean you can’t leave room for changes when the need arises.
What are Effective Time Management Strategies to Boost Productivity?
Here are some time management strategies or tips to help you accomplish your tasks more efficiently.
1. Know and set your priorities. Listing down your tasks according to urgency is the first step in managing your time. Identify high-priority tasks and specify the required time to accomplish them.
2. Streamline your list. When you first make your to-do list, you may be tempted to write down everything. And while it’s good to be thorough, you will want to make sure that you have your priorities straight. Take unnecessary tasks off your list so you can devote more time for important activities.
3. Stick to your schedule. Having a to-do list is key in managing your time, but it will only really make a difference if you make an effort to follow it. It’s also important to be able to adjust and adapt if something unexpected comes along.
4. Take a break between tasks – When you’re on a tight schedule, the last thing you want is to feel burned out and lose focus. So make sure to include breaks in your to-do list. Reward yourself after finishing a task. Go for a walk, take a short nap, or do meditation or yoga exercises.
5. Be consistent. Managing your time efficiently requires consistency and discipline. Taking a break is necessary to keep yourself focused and motivated, but make sure to avoid activities that may distract you from your work.
6. Use an organizer. Whether you want to do it the old school way with a notepad and pen or use apps, organizers are helpful in keeping you on track.
How Can Time Management Apps Help Improve Your Productivity?
Back in the day, keeping an organizer or a tiny notebook handy was the best way to keep us on track with our to-do lists. But with today’s technology, apps have made time management even easier. Time management apps allow us to better track our time with useful features that include notepads, to-do lists, memos, calendars, and time trackers.
And it doesn’t stop there. Some apps even let us collaborate with coworkers, classmates, and family members with features like project tracking and task sharing. They also include useful statistics that give users insight on how their time is spent and how it can be improved.
But with all the apps available, choosing the right one for you can be overwhelming. That’s why we’re here to help! To get you started, here are two of our top picks for best time management apps.
1. Focus Keeper – Available for Android
As its name suggests, Focus Keeper is a time management app that helps you stay focused and improve productivity. Its features are designed to help you ward off anxiety, stress, and feeling burned out while working. It has a simple yet powerful user interface that can easily adapt to your needs.
Its features include:
- An easy to control timer
- Customizable Focus Session duration
- Music library you can create on your own
- Alarm notifications
- An icon badge that tracks the time you have left on a task
- A Focus Reminder to help you get in the habit of using the app
2. Remember the Milk – Web-based time management app; also available on Android
Remember the Milk is an online time management and organizer app that lets you stay on top of your tasks whether you are on your desktop or mobile phone. This free app allows you to synchronize your devices and so you can be reminded of your to-do lists wherever you are. You can also access the app offline, so not even a bad WiFi signal can stop you from accomplishing your tasks. It also features task sharing, making it a great tool for collaborative work and projects with your classmates, household members, and coworkers.
The app also allows you to:
- Organize several lists and tasks
- List tasks and subtasks
- Stay linked even if not online
- Write down unlimited lists
- Customize colors for each to-do list
- Email, text, IM, Twitter, smartphone, and other reminders
Latest posts by Craig Selinger (see all)
- 👉😊How Does Executive Function Coaching Prepare Students for College?😊👈 - May 22, 2022
- 👉😊What is Working Memory?😊👈 - May 22, 2022
- 👉😊What Part of the Brain is Responsible for Executive Functioning?😊👈 - May 22, 2022