More about our Coaching and Tutoring?
Our learning specialists, academic tutors, and writing coaches provide 1:1, individualized tutoring for children, adolescents, college students and adults of all ages, grade levels, and personalities. Our goal is to help adults and students feel more confident and become more effective learners and workers overall. We aim to maximize our students learning potential from a collaborative approach working with parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Themba Tutors specialize in tutoring students who are struggling with learning differences – focusing, organizing, studying, test-taking reading, writing, math, languages, and other subject areas. Our coaches and tutors are experts in ADHD/ADD, executive functioning, language processing, reading (e.g. dyslexia), writing, (e.g. dysgraphia), and math disorders (e.g. dyscalculia), autism spectrum disorders, non-verbal learning disorder, and other learning differences.
- Our Learning Specialists are experienced in working with homeschoolers and offer online tutoring options.
- We also tutor college and high school students, and adults without learning difficulties but in need of science, math, writing, and foreign language support.
- Our Academic Tutors support Algebra I/II, Geometry. Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Programming, and many foreign languages. Our Writing Coaches, tutors, and support writing within English Language Arts and across the high school and college curriculum.
- Each of Themba’s expert tutors and coaches has an advanced degree in working with learning differences or an academic field of expertise.
- All tutors have years of experience in teaching and tutoring in private and public schools or universities. We customize curricula for every student, starting with careful assessments, then applying developmentally appropriate methods and strategies. The student’s current academic knowledge and material is an important focus, but strengthening core skills is crucial because that will last a lifetime.
- We coach students to learn how to organize, plan, prioritize, focus, avoid distractions, and keep track of materials and tasks. Goals include information retention and improving memory, spending more focused time on tasks and completing them, decreasing procrastination, organizing schoolwork, managing time more effectively, and learning to think carefully before acting. Themba Tutor Specialists will model and support the application of skills in the appropriate context. Our tutors and coaches will put the student in the driver’s seat to best generalize these skills without holding the steering wheel