02 Sep Tutoring for Students with Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Tutoring for Students with Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Themba Tutors works with students of all ages in Manhattan and Brooklyn with Auditory Processing Disorder (APD). Our learning specialists provide these students with the tools they need to become more efficient learners. Our tutoring is strategy based and helps students with auditory processing disorder become more organized, better at test taking, and more skilled at using techniques to improve their reading comprehension, oral communication, and study skills.
Kids with APD are often not enrolled in special education. Here is an excerpt from an article that will provide resources to help children with auditory processing disorder: “Be sure to keep in regular contact with school officials about your child’s progress. Kids with APD aren’t typically put in special education programs. Instead, teachers can make it easier by:
- altering seating plans so the child can sit in the front of the room or with his or her back to the window
- providing additional aids for study, like an assignment pad or a tape recorder”
Read the rest of the article here: http://http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/ears/central_auditory.html.
Here’s more information about how to contact us.
Latest posts by Craig Selinger (see all)
- Support Black Lives Matter - June 5, 2020
- ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK - March 13, 2020
- Flipping and Multiplying Fractions - November 15, 2019